Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 2012

Family! I didn't think it was even possible, but this weeks are speeding up every time. Seriously feels like it's Monday like every three days. That must be a good thing, right? I remember those two months in the MTC literally seeming like a year long, but now it's a whole different ball game. The key to the mish is just to get into your groove. When you fall into your niche, and sort of figure out your mission-life, time goes by so quick. Just goes to show, everything Brett said in his infamous "slap in the face" letter (sent little over a year ago) is happening. Never doubt the keeper of the keys. And so I feel like I've sort of gotten to that point where things just come a little easier now. Learning spanish was definitely a big part of that, turns out when you have no idea what people are saying or how to talk to them, time goes by sort of slow. No idea how baby Claire/Evie/Bella get through it. My respects for those niñas. Oh, and by the way, I just finished 19 months last week! That's sort of a long time, isn't it? It's a weird feeling, I honestly can't imagine what coming home will be like. Seems like it still won't actually happen, but in 5 short months I will be jumping in our pool. I don't care how cold it is. Sounds so good right now.

So it's been a pretty....weird week. To tell you the truth, I'm not even allowed to talk about all the events that went down this week in the Mision Mexico Torreon, but it was pretty nuts. Long story short, we weren't allowed to leave our house for a couple of days there, but the good news is everyone's fine! So no worries. Sort of like a missionary-fire drill. I'll explain more in 5 months. But needless to say, we didn't really get much chance to get out and work considering. I did play lots of cards with Elder Pineda though, that's the good news. Oh, and I also got to travel to world famous Fresnillo for a special conference with President. It's a little pueblito about an hour away from here, it's about as exciting as Bakersfield is. But we did get to watch the first hour of a movie on the bus going out there, did anybody see.."8 minutes to die?" That's what it would be translating from Spanish, but it's got Mr. Brokeback, and it was totally cool! But then again, I would probably say that about any movie at this point. But more importantly, our main investigators, Irma, Valeria, and Diego, are going to get baptized this Friday! I'm especially pumped up for this baptism, they're some of the coolest people I've met out here. I'm so happy we found them. There officially going to be ready to go this Friday, and it's gonna be an event. But just to make things even better, we have another baptism Saturday too! I'll be baptizing that awesome niña I told you guys about, Samara. I can't remember if I told you guys or not, but she was originally totally freaked out by the water and never wanted to get baptized, but I convinced here otherwise. It's gonna be sweet. So yup, good last week, and should be a great week coming up. My back does totally hurt though, we played basketball, volleyball, and soccer today. I felt pretty good about my perfomance in each one, but I don't think the human body is meant to play three sports in one day. Abby's couch sounds pretty amazing right now, but not yet, Hans. Oh, and I also just got done eating a hamburger that was literally the size of a pizza. That's definitely worth saying in the weekly email. I feel like they should have gaven it to us for free considering we ate it all, but whatever. Totally good, I am so full.

So thats kinda whats going on with me. Anything new at home? Word on the street is that both the NBA series' are tied, gotta love that. All you could really ask at this point, considering the Lakers aren't playing, is that all the series' go seven games. I think they will, so enjoy those games brothers. Well it's officially June, this year has gone by totally fast, right? Neices and nephews about ready to start summah time, there's magic there. Oh, and are the Youngberg's seriously moving from Via Madera? What's next, are we going to lose the fat people? The Buddhists? What is happening?! That's a definite bummer, but we had a good run with them, like 26 years of glory. But who's house will I walk to bare foot and watch their TV/eat their food now? I guess those days are gone, which is only natural, I'm turning 21 in a few months now. Now that's weird. Well, I guess it's about that time that I fit in some spiritual stuff. I don't know, I'm just super, super grateful that I'm here. I feel like I really got a good grip on what life really is, and how I gotta do it. The Church is the Christ's Church and it tells us exactly what to do to be happy forever. I'm sure about it, and I'm so happy to know it. You just gotta follow that one guys advice, and "don't screw it up!" Keep on truckin' Family.

Love,
Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment