Friday, January 7, 2011

December 31, 2010

Hey Family! How is everyone doing? Most magical Christmas ever? It was really cool to be able to talk to some of you's yesterday, I'm not exactly sure who I was talking to, but it was great. When I first decided to make the call, I was just hoping Mom & Dad would be home, turns out like everyone was there! Talking to Mom & Dad is always good times, but I'm glad I got to talk to my brothers. So hopefully all the new tyler info spread around the family, and turns out I'm not going to Mexico so soon. I'm getting temporarily reassigned! Not exactly sure why Mexico doesn't want people in their Country, but whatever, it's cool. So basically right now I have my mission papers in all over again, and I find out where I'm going sometime next week. I would find out sooner, but the Presidency is on their Winter Break and don't get back tell Janurary 5ish. So us 4 going to Mexico get to wave goodbye to the rest of our buddies in the district going to their missions on monday, while we do some more companion ship study. Actually, I'm totally pumped. How cool is that I get two missions for the price of one? I mean, wherever I get reassigned, which could be any of the surrounding states around Utah (including California) will be like a miniature mission of mine. I'll get both sides of the story, a little state-side action and then a month or two later I'll be down in the heartland of Mexico. And everytime for the rest of my life I head through the place I'm going to, It'll be like another mission of mine. Plus, every missionary I heard going to Mexico who got temporarily reassigned loved it and had awesome experiences. So no worries. Might need to buy a jacket though, I planned for the dessert (or desert?) not "when a cold wind blows it chills you." And until we get our new assignment, I guess I'll just go to gym more with all the free time I have, and go to the temple. Our teachers move on to different districts after tomorrow, so the day is basically ours. Don't worry Mom & Dad, I'll stay on top of things, but basketball makes me more productive.
So how much Christmas magic was there this year? Mine was definitely different, but it was actually really good. Russel M. hung out with us the whole weekend, and we got to hear some pretty amazing talks from him. Doesn't that pump everyone up? Russel! It's weird how what gets you excited completely changed when you become a missionary. Marvelous was so right, I get so pumped for meals and sleeping. Like, basically just the core basics of life is what you get excited for. A good glass of water. A solid 7 and a half hours of sleep. You know, all the best life has to offer. But the even weirder part, is that you become totally happy with that. This is the happiest I think I've been in my entire life believe it or not, my goodness I'm happy to be out here. Can you believe it's already been 2 months? That's a 12th of my mission, fools. Not like I'm counting, but you know. Oh ya! Mom and everyone else, I can't thank you enough for all the Christmas presents. Me and my buddies play some serious hoops at night in our rooms, and I'm halfway through the Lakers puzzle. Lakers puzzle! Brett, I love you man. Sorry that came out so G-A-Y but there's no other way to put it. We as brothers are so lucky to have a brother like you. Your an example to all of us. Your the greatest man to ever life. So basically what I'm trying to say, is the cd's you sent me rock. And the sudoku puzzles. Seriously Uncle Bert, fantastic job! I couldn't possibly write down the level of excitement when track number 6 came on of "Classical" and I thought I recognized it...I was right, Monkey Island theme song. Plus the Rushmore songs at the beginning! Love it. And Mom and Dad, the CD player you gave me with the speakers was absolutely perfect. This is when the church is especially awesome. I get to be with you guys for forever! It'll be like a Christmas get together for all of eternity, and Kev can get an actual life-sized Black Sea Barricuda, just imagine the freak out that would come after. That's what makes following the commandments worth it me familia.
So what's going on with the Lakes these days? I mean geeze! What are we, as old as the 10th ward stake Basketball Team? From what I can tell, this reminds me a lot of the Celtics teams the past couple of years, we're built for the playoffs. It's no big deal the Heat beat, ok killed us, they have something they need to prove. We don't, Kobe has more rings that that entire franchise has. Don't worry, we'll turn it on for the playoffs. Bynum and Pau will be back in action, Kobe will be Kobe, and Fish will have his 42nd birthday. Is there any news of whether or not the lock out is going to happen? If it's going to happen, I want it to happen on the Mish.
So life is good at the ol' MTC. My spanish is really come along these days. It's crazy, I've gotten to the point where I get pretty much teach any lesson or church concept fine in Spanish. It's totally not me though, there is no way I could learn this much this fast unless I had the Gift of Tongues. It's seriously the way missionaries become fluent in a completely different language at 19. Plus, Spanish is totally fun to speak! Hopefully Rando and Bert remember Espanol too, I want to talk to some of my brothers in Spanish. Teaching is definitely my favorite part about the mission. I'm all about the people. Everytime I teach someone, I just get so pumped about missionary work. I'm just incredibly pumped to teach real people! I have 5 "baptism dates" right now, and 2 "baptisms" this week with my pretend investigators in the MTC. So eat my dust everybody, 5 baptisms in the MTC! Wait, what's today? Oh ya! Happy New Year! 2010 has been an awesome year, one of the best of my life actually. 2011 is definitely going to be a different year, but it's going to be a year I remember for the rest of forever, so I'm excited. What's everyone doing for New Year's tonight? Cam Cam, give Sammy a kiss for me. And Miles, kiss your Xbox. Meanwhile, I will be sound asleep at the stroke of midnight, and will have been asleep for an hour and a half. There's magic there.
Thanks for all the letters I got this week. Mark, sounds like you had a truly awesome Christmas. Any happily married man who still gets two games for Christmas is a man I admire. You rock, Marvelous. And Randy! Thanks for the letter as well, glad to hear the money pit is finally coming to an end. Reminded me of Scrooge McDuck so much when you said that, if anyone would have a money pit in this family, I'd want it to be you. And I think you guys are definitely do for a Christmas with the family, say..2012. That goes for all of you, Magical Christmas 2012! Plan your schedules, buy your airplane tickets. We'll take a family picutre with the Dingley Balls.
Well, I better go change my laundry. I love all of you and am so happy to have the knowledge we can be together forever and how to make it happen. The church is the most true thing on this planet, and if you love me, you'll believe me. Have an awesome week, and enjoy 2011! Your first year without ol' Tyler, don't blow it.
Love,
Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment