Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012

Family! Can you believe how fast time is going right now? It's like Tuesday-Saturday is just like one giant day, Sunday is it's own day, and then it's Monday again. I guess that's why time has gone by so fast..the week is basically three days for me at this point. Either way, home is starting to feel weirdly close. Not exactly sure how to explain it, but the idea of being home totally blows my mind. That's why I try not to think about it too much, makes teaching my Mexican buddies sort of harder. But speaking of Mexican buddies...happy to say that I (probably) officially had my very last baptism as a missionary! Jose Maria Gonzales Espinoza. Teaching this guy was such an awesome experience. One of those guys that was just willing to do whatever to get baptized, and totally got everything we taught him. Needless to say, totally blessing for us. Especially for me, I was wondering if I'd be able to manage another baptism, and then Heavenly Father just sends this totally prepared guy for me and my companion to teach. You never get tired of that kinda thing as a missionary.
But yep, it's true, it's officially my last full week as a Missionary. Basically my last week actually, because for the few days that I'm kicking around here next week not too much will be going on. Plus out week is already planned out a ton..we've got another Conference type of thing this Wednesday (some big changes are going down in Mexico), doing divisions with an American buddy on Thursday, and Friday we have the Zone-Leader meeting all day. Gonna fly by for sure. I guess my goals at this point is to just leave the area better than how I found it. Gotta find some cool investigators and things like that, just so I can leave a happy man. Kinda like the guy on Braveheart when he dies..."I'm a happy man..." that's the kinda feel I'm going for.

So I guess I'm finally starting to run out of things to say. It's going to be a lot better to just explain in person. I'm super excited to see everybody, but I can't tell if I'll feel right back to normal when I see everybody or if it will be totally weird. Probably a little bit of both. Either way, Marvelous, fight to tivo as many Laker games as possible, each one will be as if it were live to me. And man will that be awesome. It's going to be Halloween pretty soon, isn't it? So much magic there, so much Almond Joy. True niece and nephew madness at Abby's place. I actually saw a few pictures, what is Miles dressed up as? Farmer? Best costume ever. Jacob is looking truly buff. Somebody should share some candy for me, it's been a while since I've gotten some good sours. But something amazing did happen this week. There's a family out here that goes out to Utah once a year to visit family, well they just got back last week, and brought me a gigantic bag of pretzels. It's true! I've been eaten them non-stop. So much pretz. Life is good. Church is true, I'm sure if I were a missionary for an untrue Church, people wouldn't be giving me giant bags of pretzels. Coincidence? I think not. Have a week great Family, start the count down, I'll be home in 10 days. 

Love,
Elder Abbott


No comments:

Post a Comment