Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012

Family! Yep, it's Monday again, time is flying. So is it weird, or not that weird to think that I'll be totally home in a little over two weeks? To tell you the truth it really hasn't hit me still, still seems pretty far away actually. I'm sure it will totally go by fast, but for the mean time I have a million things to do out here before I can throw in the towel...kinda stressful actually, but it's a good kind of stressful. Speaking of good-stress, I really have no idea what I'm going to do after the Mish! I'm not woried about it, because I gotta trust that the Lord will make things happen for me, but at the same time I think I've got some stuff to figure out. Guess who has two thumbs and got rejected by BYU...this guy! Alright, so I kinda saw that coming, but I had my fingers crossed. Well whatever, I can just go back to the ol' BYU Hans Center, pick up the grades, and give er' another go when Fall rolls around. I feel like I've got a way better feel for whats really important in life, and I'm pumped to work for it. Still have no idea what I want to do though...I guess I'm going to study business because everybody tells me I'd be good at it. I can be the new man in Watts-land now that Randy is CEO of some huge company. Work my way up the ranks, and I'll be GM of the Lakers in no time. I'm looking foward to it. But I'm not trying to go overboard on all that stuff, I'm incredibly pumped to just goof and gaff back at home. Things will work themselves out. Get my temp-agency on. Ratch it on up.

So like I said, another totally fast week. Things in the area are totally picking up, there should be a solid number of baptisms coming up. Probably won't be here to see them, but that doesn't really matter. It's pretty cool to see the Ward coming together and getting more involved in Missionary Work, they were total grumpsters when it came to working with us when I first got here. Now we've got appointments like every hour with a different member coming with us, the magic is coming together. Oh and the kid we baptized last week blessed the sacrament last Sunday, always cool to see that kinda thing. It's still incredibly hot out here, totally thought it would calm down come October, but oh boy was I wrong. Feels like July in Torreon still...I guess Torreon is just making sure that I won't forget it anytime soon. I'm starting to realize there are a lot of things I'm going to miss about this place, it's totally ugly, but still love it for some reason. Two and half weeks left to enjoy it, gotta live it. Oh yeah, we actually have a baptism lined up for this Friday, my good buddy Jose. Couldn't ask for an easier baptism, just showed up one day at Church and basically said this: "I'm from Chihuahua, but I'm going to live in Torreon now, I was going to get baptized over there, but I thought it would be better to get baptized here...can I get baptized now?" Music to a Missionaries' ears. Besides him, we got another lady who is progressing great, just might be able to fit two baptisms to finish it out, like Aaron Mckie in the 4th quarter.

Whats going on at home? Mom and Dad finally got home, right? That's awesome, it's going to be so incredibly awesome to have all the family back at home again. Lots of magic around the corner. Well sir, Church is true as always, and it's really the only peace that we can find out here. so glad I was able to figure all this stuff out in my Mission. Keep it real, family.

Love,
Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment