Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

Family! Geeze, another totally fast week in the very last change of the Mish Dish. Time is finally starting to catch up with me, it's kind of a weird feeling when you realize that suddenly you'll stop being a Missionary in three weeks. You know, compared to like 70 weeks, which really doesn't seem that long ago. I guess for a long time I've had the mindset of..."I'll figure it all out after my Mission," and now that I'm almost there, I still have no idea what I'm going to with my life! But I'm not stressed about it, I know things will work themselves out. If all else fails I can just bring back DPD. Or Mom can sign me up for the Lakers. That'd be awesome.

So happy to say that we finally had a baptism in the Jacarandas Ward! It's been forever since we've had a baptism, in fact ever since we stopped knocking doors, the baptisms just sort of stopped in this ward. The members are still figuring out their roll in all this, they're sort of taking forever to figure it out, but it's alright. So yep, Luis got baptized, and it was great. He got involved from the Church because his girlfriend is a member, and dude's been on fire since the first time he came. I think he's got definite Missionary potential. So now that I'm in my very last area, and I officially say that someone's gotten baptized in every single area I've been in. I don't plan on saying that very much because it's lame to do that, but it's a good feeling. I don't think I'll be leaving the Mission with very many regrets. It's been awesome. So for now we don't have tons of people to teach, but as always, we have a million less-active people to work with, that's always fun. President put the goal to double the attendance in each ward by December, I won't be here to see it happen, but I can definitely put my part in all that. Other than that, life has been good, nothing to crazy going on. Rained totally hard last night, (which makes no sense because it was super hot that day). We just got back from playing soccer in Torreon's official park: The Bosque. It was totally muddy and still sort of raining, but it was tons of fun. I'm even worse playing in the mud, but it was still good times.

So I guess that's my life right now. We had a pretty stressful week with lots of divisions, and conferences n' things we had to do, but the time does go by faster with all the responsibilities. But anyways, whats going on at home? Are Mom and Dad back from the longest road trip ever? Every time I check my email they're somewhere different. I loved the picture with the monster putting his head inside the Lexus. I'm so glad Mom and Dad were able to do their Mission, I'm sure they loved it, now we can all be back together again for the Holidays...true magic there. So as always, the Church is true, and Christ really is the source of real peace in this life. And it's his Church, so obviously doing the things his Church tells us to do, makes us happier/feel peace. Transitive Property. I'm totally ready for school. Love you guys.

Love,
Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment