Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012

Family! Lots of cool stuff to report this week, definitely should be one of my less boring emails. First and foremost, I had changes! I'm still here in Zacatecas, but had a little change of companion acion. And those of you have been following my emails know that that is exactly what I wanted! My companion actually hasn't even got here yet, I have go down to the bus station in a second to pick him up. But I actually already know the guy, and I'm definitely a fan. His name is Elder Piñeda, and he is from Honduras actually. Guess me and Brett will understand each other a little better over the next couple of weeks. I've sort of noticed that I actually get along mostly with people who aren't from Mexico. My American companion, Elder Toone, fantastic, my little Peruvian companion, Elder Astete, good times, and now I get my shot with a dude from Honduras. I don't know, it's just sort of easier to relate with guys who also feel sort of new in the country. Plus I can speak my mind a little easier about some of the less than great things about Mexico. Don't get me wrong, I love the people around here and the chance I have to teach them, but not sure I would ever want to live here. No offense. And guess what else, I'm...district leader? Yep, it's true. Now I'm in charge of like 8 different missionaries and have tons more responsibilities! I'm actually pretty excited about it, should be a good change of pace and keep me focused. Except now I have to give a class every single Sunday, and call the Missionaries every night, and lots of other little things, but whatever, it's where the Lord wants me right now.

So back up a little bit. It's been a pretty good week, just looking for people to teach as always.We've actually got some people who are sort of progressing, but nobody who really seems that golden. Plus this whole week has been semana santa, or Holy Week, which means the majority of the people have been drinking definitely more than they should. So that didn't really help us at all, except it is sort of funny when all the drunk people try to talk to me in English. It seriously happends every time, "hey, brother...how..are...you?" in a super strong accent. But they generally friendly, so no big deal. And besides that, tons of people were out of town, so kind of a tough week in that aspect. But! Alejandra's Dad did end up coming to Church this week, which was totally unexpected, but very cool. That always seems to happen, the people we're working with strugle a ton coming to church, but when Sunday rolls around, somebody always ends up being in the Church. No complaints. So pretty much the week ending up going by pretty fast, and now one of my best buddies, Elder Payzant is going home in three days! In fact, he is right next to me, I will be missing him. He is from Rancho Cucamonga, right down the freeway, and he promised he'll think of me when he takes a bite out of an In-N-Out hamburger later this week. I'm only a little bit jealous.

So whats going on back at home? Mom and Dad are alerady out of the MTC! I was in there for forever, and I definitely didn't get to stay in the Marriot Hotel like they did. But the MTC was pretty classic times, I enjoyed it. But Mom and Dad are hittin' the field, and we'll do some definite good out there in Scranton, their first area. But other than, sounds like life is pretty laid back back at home. And thats just the way I want it to be. Well, I probably shouldn't start my new companionship off on a bad foot and forget my companion at the bus station, so I better get going. But I love all of you guys, and I love the Church, easily the two most important things in my life. Keep relaxin', and maxin', and golfin', and snolfin'.

Love,
Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment