Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012

It's true, oh man, I feel totally sick right now. So somebody thought it would be a great idea to hit up the Mexican Circus which was in town, which you know, sounded like a good idea at the time. Worst idea ever! Just a bunch of those rides which were specifically designed to make you feel like somebody punched you in the stomach. And since I was with the other missionaries, I had to do like every single ride. The rides themselves weren't even that bad, but they just lasted for forever! Do you know that one ride, the pirate ship that goes back and forth? I kid you not I was going back and forth on that thing for half an hour. I've felt pretty terrible ever since. But you don't really get time to rest in the Mission, especially on P-Day, so whatever. Sorry if this email doesn't make any sense, my minds sort of spinning still. But yeah, lesson learned, no more Mexican Circuses.

So what has gone down this week? The Great Storm of Torreon. It rained crazy hard out here, totally out of nowhere. Pretty sure lightning struck out house too one night, because I have never heard thunder so loud before. More fear than Sammy on the 4th of July. Check out the pictures I'm sending, total madness. I was totally happy about it however, way better than it being super hot. Also the 15th of September went down this week, which is like the Mexican Independence day. It was pretty good times, tons of drunk dudes who are also fun to talk to. We had special orders that day to be home by 7:00, so we decided to take advantage. We ordered Pizza and played UNO late into the night, there's magic there. Oh, and we had to give another conference last week which I think went pretty well actually. I think I'm getting used to this public speaking thing. All in all, the week went by super fast, and now it's officially the last week of the change, and the last week of my companion, Elder Garcia. Dude is out of here next week. Weird to think that  my very last change of the mission will be starting up soon. It's getting close. 

So I guess that's my life as of right now, but whats going on at home? Are Mom and Dad done with their mission? Either way, I loved the pictures last week, congrats to Randy on being part of the bishopric and having a full head of hair. Alright, so I guess I don't have much time this week, but I love all of you guys, and the Church is true. That's really all you need to know. Take it easy, Famil-y.

Love,
Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment