Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Decemeber 5, 2011

Family! How is everybody doing? How pregnant are Heather and Rachael right now? So pregnant. I was actually pretty excited to check my mail and see if I got any new neices, but no luck this week, crossing my fingers for next week. But anyways, changes just happened and....me and my companion are staying together in the same area! So yeah, not the most eventful change in the world, but whatcha gonna do. It's been an interesting change, and definitely a super fast one. But I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous about this next one. I have spent a lot of time with my little Peruvian companion and my pacience is running a little dry on a few things, but thats when as a Missionary you gotta dig deep and not say anything. Don't get me wrong, Elder Astete and I actually get along way better than I thought we would, but the dude takes forever to get ready every morning. He's really, really clean...which I guess thats better than him being really, really dirty, but still. Sorry, I think I'm just complanining to you guys, I'm sure next change will go fine. My good buddy Tarabilda is still in another State, so looks like my chances of playing some pick-up ball aren't too good this change. But I can always work on my soccer-game. We really don't know what to expect from President when changes happen, that guy is full of mystery. But good news, my best buddies from the District are staying around for another change. It's always good times with them, so I'm excited about that. Especially considering that this change has not only Christmas, but News Years as well! Not that New Years will be interesting considering we're in our houses by 9:30 every night, but maybe we can use it as an excuse to go out to eat or something. Christmas will be cool though, a lot of activity plans are in the works right now, I'll let you know how it goes.

So for those of you who are keeping track, I offically finished 13 months in the Mission this week! Man, it really doens't feel like that long ago that I just got to Mexico, and now I'm one of the older dudes in the Misison if you can believe it. Tons of Missionaries have recently gone home, and even more have just gotten here the past couple of months, so suddenly I am one of the older guys of the Mission. The young guns in the Mission ask me how much time I have and when I tell them 13 months, they're like: "no way! That is so much!" To be honest I probably should know more than I do considering my time. But whatever, I am learning a ton and am super grateful for the things I am learning. Before the Mission, I guess I sort of liked to read the Book of Mormon from time to time, but know I seriously love learning about the Gospel. You would not believe the things that you find when you really study the Book of Mormon and the Bible, unbelievably cool things. I'm actually just about to finish the BoM again, I'm half way through Moroni, good stuff.

Hmm...I'm trying to remember any cool things that have happened this week. Basically the same ol', same ol' to tell you the truth. Lots of doors, lots of meeting really strange people, and lots of Catholics. We have people that we're teaching, but they're not really doing anything on their own, so I think we gotta find some more solid people. I just wish I knew where they are, still a total mystery to me. But it's all good, we'll find some cool people this week. Hey we actually got a chance to watch the Christmas Devotional last night which was super awesome. Although I get a little bummed when Elder Uchtdorfs voice changes to a loud Mexican guy translating his talk. But still fantastic messages and great music, definte Christmas magic there. Sure it made me a little homesick, but the way I see it it's my last Christmas in the Mission, might as well make the best of it. Plus I am super excited to talk to everybody. Here's the low down on that: I can either call Christmas Eve, or Christmas, it's my call. So you guys tell me whats best for you and I will make it happen. Hopefully when we can do what we did before and get the conference call on so I can talk to everybody. So let me know how you guys want to do it, and I'll make things happen on my end.

So how is everyone doing at home? All the Christmas Decorations are offically up, and the magic of the season is beginning. I'm very happy to say my buddy Elder Toone is going to lend me his Muppet's Christmas Carol CD to burn, now that is a gift that will keep on giving. Are the lights already up at Abby manor? I always thought putting Christmas Lights up was super stressful, if you slip that could be game over right there. Sorry, I didn't mean to scare anybody, but putting up Christmas lights was definitely a secret fear of mine. I hope everything is going great at home, and people are loving the Christmas season. Don't get too stressed about the presents (which I totally did before), and realize what Christmas is really about. Celebrating the birth of the person that made it possible that we can be together forever. That's what it's all about, and that's why I am so far away from all of you's. I love you guys, I know the church is true, and keep me posted on the new-baby patrol!

Love,
Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment