Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21, 2011

Family! Don't have much time, but just wanted to let you know I had a good week. It took forever to send all the pictures, so hopefully those can give you a better idea of whats been going on lately. It's been a pretty normal week, knocked some doors, taught some people, ate some food, all good times. We've kinda been struggling lately finding new people to teach, these people are super, super Catholic! But we got a good game plan for next weeks contacts, definitely should get us into more houses. We're going to involve the Virgin Maria in our contacts, because they believe in her more than Christ. They actually believe there are tons of Virgins, including one who was born in Mexico named the Virgin of Guadelupe. I think it's crazy, but the people here are really crazy about it. So we're going to tell the people we want to share a message about the Father of You, Me, and the Virgin, our Heavenly Father who loves us very much. And then we figure as time goes on with the lessons, the people will understand that we shouldn't worship anybody besdies Heavenly Father, Christ, and the Holy Ghost. We'll see how it goes, wish us luck.
I wish I had more to tell you guys, it's been another super fast week and I can't exactly remember anything in particular that went down. We did go to some cool Musuem today, I thoroughly enjoyed as you can tell by the pictures. It's like a Discovery Zone type place, but more Mexican. For a group of Missionary these kind of things are actually super fun. We don't really do too many things like this, so when we ge a chance we make the best of it. Hopefully you like the pictures, and yeah I know I have even more asian eyes. It's just that I am so tired lately, hard to keep my eyes fully open during the afternoons. Who am I kidding, I was just somehow born with Asian eyes. It's a mystery we'll never understand. Oh also we gave talks again this last Sunday. I swear I give a talk every other week. So I finally started the "not reading my talk" technique, and just go off pure notes. It actually went super well, talks are way more fun when you don't just read it the whole time. I guess my Spanish has gotten to the point where I don't really need to think so much before I talk, just comes out. My companion says I sleep talk in Spanish as well, apparently last night I said "Hermana, puedo pasar a su baño" lots of times.
Hope everything is awesome back at home for everybody. Big ups to Kev for passing the Bar Exam, but it's not like we ever doubted that he wasn't going to pass. Kev was born a genius, just like I was born an Asian person, both of which are mysteries. I love all of you guys, and hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving. Don't worry about ol' Tyler, I got a nice Thanksgiving dinner planned out with the guys in the District. I'll let you guys know how it goes next week. So the Gospel is true as always, I'm still learning, but I know all of it is true. Keep on rocking and doing what you do, and I'll talk to you fools next week!
Love,
Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment