Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011

Family! Thats right, I have survived another week in Mexico. Always an accomplishment. And I think my body is finally getting used to everything, well I really hope so. I was feeling pretty confident when I first got here, I went like 4 days and was feeling fine! That is, until 2 days ago when my body just blew up. Everyone told me I was going to get sick, but I didnt believe them, well they definitely were right. I think I lost like 7 pounds in a night or something, no fun. But the beauty of that, is the fact its over! And thats kinda the official iniation into Mexico, and now that Ive gone through it, I should be done for a while. Im really excited to keep all of my food inside of me. I hate some Mexican fruit loops this morning, and Im feeeling fine! Take that, Mexico.

So how is everyone doing. Man, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do question marks on these crazy computers. But thats okay, you guys understand what Im saying. So Happy Valentines day to everybody, and I hope the tradition of having waffles complete with a nice card and chocolate is alive and well. Which reminds me, I had pancakes the other day! They were so unbelievably delicious, and it tasted nothing like rice and beans! So enjoy your waffles family, and make sure to send Mom a card. Im still not exactly sure if Mexico celebrates Valentines day or not, it feels like a normal day. Well, I dont think Valentines day was really invented for missionaries anyways, so live it up those of you who arent missionaries. Waffles for all!

Its been a pretty crazy week here. I probably say that every single email, but the truth it is! Pretty much every week. Its really fun to wake up everyday having absolutely no idea what to expect out of it. Im in a new place, a new home, or meeting new people,or eating new food, every single day! Not to mention, Im not even in the United States anymore. First things first, we had a baptism this week! It was my first that I was finally able to see, and participate in. Now I can finally see what its all about, and its definitely worth it. Too bad the day we baptized Alberto, was when I was super sick. Hey Mom, remember that Countries festival thing we had when I was in sixth grade and I was super sick then too, but you made me go wearing a G'Day Mate shirt and cowboy hat...well it was kinda like that. Except I think I enjoyed the baptism a little bit more to tell you the truth. We have another cool girl set up to get baptized this next week, but sadly Im getting transferred today! I dont know where, but I do know I have to be at the mission office in two hours. Im pumped though, this will be my first time in a real companionship since the ol MTC. Trios are fun and all, but missionary work is actually a little easier to do with two people. Plus Im probably going to be with a Mehicano, which means my Spanish can get way better, which is way needed. By the way, WAY is a bad word here. Of course my companions didnt tell me that until yesterday, I wonder how many people Ive accidently offended. Ay yi yi. Its really amazing, Ive only been in Cuba, Gomez for two weeks and I feel so at home here. I know people on the streets, and Im really close with the people in the ward. We spoke yesterday in Sacrament Meeting, (I speak like every week!) and everybody was crying that me and E. Bouchard were taking off. Which by the way, Elder Bouchard is flying back home to Texas as we speak. I can totally see why I was supposed to be with these two guys for this little transfer. You could just see how hard it was for E. Bouchard to finish his mission and say goodbye to Mexico. Things arent the easiest right now, but I know I am going to love it here in no time. One thing I do love, is playing Basketball with the people here. I feel like Yao Ming. PS people absolutely believe me here if I say im half asian. Im going to for 100% next week, I think its going to work.

So how is everyone else doing? Yes! Question mark! I figured it out. Alright. So like I was saying, whats new with everybody? Brett, I got your cool Valentines email thing, and is it just me or do your kids look way older? Ive only been gone like 3 and half months! I cant imagine how everyone is going to look in another year and a half. Greg will have full blown Mountain Man beard. Randy will be Cue Ball Johnson. Miles will be touching the ceiling with his head, and Caleb will be starting for the Packers in the 2013 season. I was thinking about it the other day, when Cameron or Jacky or whoever is my age, Im going to be Mikes age, which doesnt seem old at all. Its been such a blessing to see these kids grow up. Did I sound like a lady from Relief Society or what in that last sentence. But I love all of those little guys. But I want updates on everybodys life! Mike, I think its fly season soon. Have you put up your zip lock bags of water yet all around the house? MArvelous, just want you to know that Im praying for you as much as I can for you to find some work. No worries bro, I know youll find it, and Itll be awesome. Even if its in Wisconsin or whatever you were saying. If you move to Wisconsin, I will visit you once every 20 years. But itll be the best visit ever.

So another thing about Mexico, is that white people are very good looking here, no matter what. This is something that hasnt worked to my advantage in Mexico, so much unwanted attention from the creepiest ladys. My tan is coming back though which should help me blend in with everyone else, which is definitely a good thing. By the way, I plan on having legs of steel by the time I come home from Mexico. I think ive walked as much as the pioneers walked already, and lot of it feels just like being lost in the desert. But its also very, very cool. Its a total adventure out here. So in to imporant matters. Dad told me that there was some talk of the Lakes getting Melo. Could it be true? Would it even work? This might be totally old news by now, but that would definitely pump me up. The only down side is you know that Bynum will play like Kareem once we trade him and Melo will look older than Ron Ron. Whoah, I just sneezed so big that the entire computer place just said Salud in perfect unison. Mexico is a weird place, but I really like it.

Well, I better get going, some of the neighborhood kids want to play some futbol. But I love all of you, and I know the church is true. Reading the Book of Mormon can seriously change your entire day, I promise. Its got so much good stuff in there, so wherever you want to read, just read it and youll love it. Keep doing all of your thing, and pray for Mexico!

Love
Elder Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment